Custom trip request
Contact us for a quick quote. You can also email us: email@example.com or call worldwide reservations at: +1 949 682 7745
Machu Picchu Tours, Inca Trail Tours, Cuzco Peru Tours, Peru Trekking Tours, and Peru Travel Packages - MachuPicchuTours.travel
Machu Picchu tours . travel
At Voyagers we specialize in personalized excursions to South America, we have created machupicchutours.travel to assist our travellers on planning their trips to Cuzco, the sacred valley, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and nearby attractions. Throughout this website you will find expert advice on Machu Picchu tours, Inca trail tours, and Peru Trekking Tours. We present the most popular travel itineraries and off the beaten path suggestions based on our many years of experience and our knowledge as locals.
Machu Picchu - Cuzco Hotels
Voyagers in Peru works with the finest accommodation suppliers in each price category, we have a close relationship with hotel owners, bed breakfast and hotel chains, because of this we can offer you special discounted rates for Machu Picchu tours and other Cuzco Peru Tours.
We have done our research so your hotel is well located, safe, clean and meets your expectations. By categorizing hotels we allow you to purchase nights within your budget without getting surprises.
As the number one provider of Peru Travel Packages, we offer hotel bookings in the Cuzco and Machu Picchu area as well as in the rest of Peru, Ecuador - Galapagos, Bolivia and other parts of South America.
Machu Picchu Travel Blog
- Parque de la Papa: A Unique Potato Attraction near Cuzco!! - machupicchutours.travel - Peru, the South American country representing the Incan civilization boasts one of the most exquisite as well as varied Cuzco cuisines on the Earth by adapting a diverse variety of different native ingredients. The significance of Potato is important among Peruvians as during the Incan times the young women were required to peel one of the potatoes before wedding ceremonies in order to demonstrate their worthiness as wives.
- LIMA : The City of the Kings (PART 5) -machupicchutours.travel - After visiting the district of Miraflores, and its most iconic places, there is another interesting neighboring district called Barranco, which main characteristic is its extravagant night life, particularly on weekends when crowds get together.
- Get Familiar with the Climate of Peruvian Andes!! - .machupicchutours.travel - Peru, the South American country experiences wide variation in temperature. Just as most of the countries are located between the Pacific Ocean as well as Andes Range offers a good climate due to the moisture of the ocean as well as dryness of the altitude. The Peruvian winter, which usually starts from June – September is the driest season and thus it could be the best time to travel Cuzco and experience trekking tours at Inca trail and Machu Picchu. Next comes the Peruvian summer, which is the wettest season that experiences frequent heavy showers.
- Introducing Rocoto Relleno: The Unique Hottest & Delicious Peruvian Cuisine - machupicchutours.travel - Rocoto relleno, a Peruvian dish originated from the city of Arequipa is a popular signature entrée of Arequipa. This popular dish is prepared by stuffing the fried minced beef-mix or the hard-boiled eggs inside the rocotos. This is then topped with melted cheese, baked as well as served as a whole. The ideal stuffing includes the beef pork, garlic, onion, cream, margarine and peacans.
- Colca Canyon: The Dwellings of the Majestic Condors!! - machupicchutours.travel - The Colca Canyon located in the Southern Peru’s Arequipa region is among one of the most visited Peru’s tourist destination having an astounding scenic beauty. It is a canyon of the Colca River which is popular as one of the world’s deepest canyons. Along with that, Colca Canyon is popular as it offers one with high-quality handicrafts, vibrant indigenous culture as well as a wide range of activities ranging from mystical tourism till the adventurous sports.
Machu Picchu ruins
Altitude: 2,400 mts. / 7,872 ft. Above sea level
Climate: Dry. Sunny days and cool nights.
Temperature: 50-78 degrees F - 10-26 degrees C approx.
Rainy Season: December to March
Due to the large quantity of women's skeletons found here, it is thought that it might have been a place where the Inca's wives lived or a refuge for women during the time of the Conquest. There is no doubt, however, that Machu Picchu represents an extraordinary example of architecture and engineering.
Generally the tour of Machu Picchu takes a full day. Starting early you take a three hour train trip from Cuzco, to Aguas Calientes. The citadel of Machu Picchu is on a mountaintop reached by small vans from the riverside station down below. The guided tour begins at the ruins, ending in lunch. After lunch there is time to take photographs and take a brief stroll by yourself.
Time permitting, we recommend spending the night, thus having Machu Picchu practically to yourself most of the time, so that you can climb the neighboring mountains by Inca trails, take photographs and appreciate the beauty of the sunset - and sunrise next day. If you decide on this option please let us know immediately since the hotels have limited availability.
Machu Picchu Travel and hotel reviewsView the latest Machu Picchu reviews
- Very good classic hotel - We stayed in this hotel in Sep 2009 The
- Perfect stay in Arequipa - I did a 2 weeks tour of Peru and the only place where I decided to
- Stated hotel - My wife and I were in peru last month we enjoyed so much the beautifull places. Machupicchu was the best place we have been seen, we recommended visit Peru. Regards,
- Casa Andina classic Arequipa - The rooms at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa are not sound proof and have poor ventilation. It is not what we expected from a hotel in this category. After 7h00 am you cannot sleep or stay in the room, the heat is unbearable and there are not black out curtains so the sun shines in your face. There was no closet and the furniture is quite tired. The breakfast buffet was poor, I evn got charged for scrambled eggs!!! The price you pay for this hotel is not worth it. I do not recommend it, you are better off selecting something diferent for your Peru tour.
- Posada Monasterio Arequipa - The Posada del Monasterio Arequipa hotel has a good and a bad location at the same time, it is on a very nice street and just in front of the monastery. The hotel has descent infrastructure and I booked as an add on trip to Arequipa after my Machu Picchu tour. The donwside is, there is a noisy dance club on the other side, and it is impossible to sleep if you get a room close to the club area, even tried with earphones. On weekdays it was ok, but weekends were impossible. If you stay here ask to get a room on the other side away from the club, if not stay elsewhere.