Custom trip request
Contact us for a quick quote. You can also email us: email@example.com or call worldwide reservations at: +1 949 682 7745
Machu Picchu Tours, Inca Trail Tours, Cuzco Peru Tours, Peru Trekking Tours, and Peru Travel Packages - MachuPicchuTours.travel
Machu Picchu tours . travel
At Voyagers we specialize in personalized excursions to South America, we have created machupicchutours.travel to assist our travellers on planning their trips to Cuzco, the sacred valley, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and nearby attractions. Throughout this website you will find expert advice on Machu Picchu tours, Inca trail tours, and Peru Trekking Tours. We present the most popular travel itineraries and off the beaten path suggestions based on our many years of experience and our knowledge as locals.
Machu Picchu - Cuzco Hotels
Voyagers in Peru works with the finest accommodation suppliers in each price category, we have a close relationship with hotel owners, bed breakfast and hotel chains, because of this we can offer you special discounted rates for Machu Picchu tours and other Cuzco Peru Tours.
We have done our research so your hotel is well located, safe, clean and meets your expectations. By categorizing hotels we allow you to purchase nights within your budget without getting surprises.
As the number one provider of Peru Travel Packages, we offer hotel bookings in the Cuzco and Machu Picchu area as well as in the rest of Peru, Ecuador - Galapagos, Bolivia and other parts of South America.
Machu Picchu Travel Blog
- ANDEAN BAROQUE ROUTE: A JEWEL BETWEEN TWO LAKES (PART 4) - machupicchutours.travel - Today we would talk about the Canincunca Chapel and one of its main appeals is its geographical location in front a marvelous lake. The chapel was built in honor to the Virgin of Candelaria due that the residents of this location are devoted to her, as well as the people of the Andean south of Peru are very faithful to her, and celebrate many festivals based on her image.
- Introducing the Last Stranglehold of the Incas - Vilcabamba!! -.machupicchutours.travel - Vilcabamba is considered as the last and a major stronghold of the Incas that is located in the Incan Valley having the same name where they had been resisted for several decades against the Spanish attacks. This famous Inca ruin was constructed during 1539 and was demolished in 1572 by the Spaniards. These ruins were one of the last places where the Incans formed a strong resistance against the Spaniards. The place, Vilcabamba may be mistakenly known as “The Last Capital” or “The Last City” of the Incas, but in real terms it is “The Last Stronghold of the Incas” where Incans formed a strong resistance against Spaniards.
- ANDEAN BAROQUE ROUTE: A JEWEL BETWEEN TWO LAKES (PART 3) - machupicchutours.travel - Following the Baroque route, we would talk about the small town of Huron. Geographically located at a distance of 41 km from the city of Cusco and just 4 km from Andahuaylillas, Huaro is well renowned for having the Sistine chapel of the Americas.
- Meet Up With the Most Romantic Place on Earth- El Barranco!! -machupicchutours.travel - El Barranco, the Bohemian district of Lima situated on the cliff area of Lima is one of the most romantic places of the world. This district being full of tradition and history is covered up with fine streets as well as small colonial squares, where one can acquire a good sense of the antique spirit of Lima. Along with that, since several years this place is the home as well as working place for many of the Peru’s leading artists, designers, musicians as well as photographers.
- Discover The Best Culinary Spots In Cuzco!! - machupicchutours.travel - Cuzco, a city located in southeastern Peru, located near the Urubamba Valley of the Andes is a city full of different types of restaurants that offer traditional Peruvian as well as International cuisine. As initially, Cuzco was capital of the Inca Empire, it was considered as an important agricultural region and was a natural reserve for thousands of native Peruvian species.
Machu Picchu ruins
Altitude: 2,400 mts. / 7,872 ft. Above sea level
Climate: Dry. Sunny days and cool nights.
Temperature: 50-78 degrees F - 10-26 degrees C approx.
Rainy Season: December to March
Due to the large quantity of women's skeletons found here, it is thought that it might have been a place where the Inca's wives lived or a refuge for women during the time of the Conquest. There is no doubt, however, that Machu Picchu represents an extraordinary example of architecture and engineering.
Generally the tour of Machu Picchu takes a full day. Starting early you take a three hour train trip from Cuzco, to Aguas Calientes. The citadel of Machu Picchu is on a mountaintop reached by small vans from the riverside station down below. The guided tour begins at the ruins, ending in lunch. After lunch there is time to take photographs and take a brief stroll by yourself.
Time permitting, we recommend spending the night, thus having Machu Picchu practically to yourself most of the time, so that you can climb the neighboring mountains by Inca trails, take photographs and appreciate the beauty of the sunset - and sunrise next day. If you decide on this option please let us know immediately since the hotels have limited availability.
Machu Picchu Travel and hotel reviewsView the latest Machu Picchu reviews
- Very good classic hotel - We stayed in this hotel in Sep 2009 The
- Perfect stay in Arequipa - I did a 2 weeks tour of Peru and the only place where I decided to
- Stated hotel - My wife and I were in peru last month we enjoyed so much the beautifull places. Machupicchu was the best place we have been seen, we recommended visit Peru. Regards,
- Casa Andina classic Arequipa - The rooms at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa are not sound proof and have poor ventilation. It is not what we expected from a hotel in this category. After 7h00 am you cannot sleep or stay in the room, the heat is unbearable and there are not black out curtains so the sun shines in your face. There was no closet and the furniture is quite tired. The breakfast buffet was poor, I evn got charged for scrambled eggs!!! The price you pay for this hotel is not worth it. I do not recommend it, you are better off selecting something diferent for your Peru tour.
- Posada Monasterio Arequipa - The Posada del Monasterio Arequipa hotel has a good and a bad location at the same time, it is on a very nice street and just in front of the monastery. The hotel has descent infrastructure and I booked as an add on trip to Arequipa after my Machu Picchu tour. The donwside is, there is a noisy dance club on the other side, and it is impossible to sleep if you get a room close to the club area, even tried with earphones. On weekdays it was ok, but weekends were impossible. If you stay here ask to get a room on the other side away from the club, if not stay elsewhere.