Custom trip request
Contact us for a quick quote. You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call worldwide reservations at: +1 949 682 7745
Machu Picchu Tours, Inca Trail Tours, Cuzco Peru Tours, Peru Trekking Tours, and Peru Travel Packages - MachuPicchuTours.travel
Machu Picchu tours . travel
At Voyagers we specialize in personalized excursions to South America, we have created machupicchutours.travel to assist our travellers on planning their trips to Cuzco, the sacred valley, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and nearby attractions. Throughout this website you will find expert advice on Machu Picchu tours, Inca trail tours, and Peru Trekking Tours. We present the most popular travel itineraries and off the beaten path suggestions based on our many years of experience and our knowledge as locals.
Machu Picchu - Cuzco Hotels
Voyagers in Peru works with the finest accommodation suppliers in each price category, we have a close relationship with hotel owners, bed breakfast and hotel chains, because of this we can offer you special discounted rates for Machu Picchu tours and other Cuzco Peru Tours.
We have done our research so your hotel is well located, safe, clean and meets your expectations. By categorizing hotels we allow you to purchase nights within your budget without getting surprises.
As the number one provider of Peru Travel Packages, we offer hotel bookings in the Cuzco and Machu Picchu area as well as in the rest of Peru, Ecuador - Galapagos, Bolivia and other parts of South America.
Machu Picchu Travel Blog
- Inca Trail - The Inca trail was an amazing experience. I called it affirming, my husband called it invigorating.
- Machu Picchu once in a life time visit - After arriving into Lima a city sorrounded by modern and old city buildings, we were taken to a great little
- Best History and Culture Vacations in South America - Known as the land of Panama hats, salsa and pisco, the sub-continent of South America offers a lot to all kinds of visitors. This region of the world is bestowed with natural beauty from all corners; a fact which is reflected from its various attractions too.
- The Route of the sun - You can take this enigmatic route between the cities of Puno and Cusco to immerse yourself in the true spirit of leisure. Art connoisseurs around the globe are often delighted with the display of Cusquenian contemporary art and the Inca art in the primeval sacred places, now the churches. There are many more beautiful sites that allow travelers to make the most out of their holidays.
- Inca Trail availability - We are getting many requests for the Inca Trail tours for May, June and July; unfortunately the trail is sold out until the beginning of August and spaces continue to be booked out.
Machu Picchu ruins
Altitude: 2,400 mts. / 7,872 ft. Above sea level
Climate: Dry. Sunny days and cool nights.
Temperature: 50-78 degrees F - 10-26 degrees C approx.
Rainy Season: December to March
Due to the large quantity of women's skeletons found here, it is thought that it might have been a place where the Inca's wives lived or a refuge for women during the time of the Conquest. There is no doubt, however, that Machu Picchu represents an extraordinary example of architecture and engineering.
Generally the tour of Machu Picchu takes a full day. Starting early you take a three hour train trip from Cuzco, to Aguas Calientes. The citadel of Machu Picchu is on a mountaintop reached by small vans from the riverside station down below. The guided tour begins at the ruins, ending in lunch. After lunch there is time to take photographs and take a brief stroll by yourself.
Time permitting, we recommend spending the night, thus having Machu Picchu practically to yourself most of the time, so that you can climb the neighboring mountains by Inca trails, take photographs and appreciate the beauty of the sunset - and sunrise next day. If you decide on this option please let us know immediately since the hotels have limited availability.
Machu Picchu Travel and hotel reviewsView the latest Machu Picchu reviews
- Very good classic hotel - We stayed in this hotel in Sep 2009 The
- Perfect stay in Arequipa - I did a 2 weeks tour of Peru and the only place where I decided to
- Stated hotel - My wife and I were in peru last month we enjoyed so much the beautifull places. Machupicchu was the best place we have been seen, we recommended visit Peru. Regards,
- Casa Andina classic Arequipa - The rooms at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa are not sound proof and have poor ventilation. It is not what we expected from a hotel in this category. After 7h00 am you cannot sleep or stay in the room, the heat is unbearable and there are not black out curtains so the sun shines in your face. There was no closet and the furniture is quite tired. The breakfast buffet was poor, I evn got charged for scrambled eggs!!! The price you pay for this hotel is not worth it. I do not recommend it, you are better off selecting something diferent for your Peru tour.
- Posada Monasterio Arequipa - The Posada del Monasterio Arequipa hotel has a good and a bad location at the same time, it is on a very nice street and just in front of the monastery. The hotel has descent infrastructure and I booked as an add on trip to Arequipa after my Machu Picchu tour. The donwside is, there is a noisy dance club on the other side, and it is impossible to sleep if you get a room close to the club area, even tried with earphones. On weekdays it was ok, but weekends were impossible. If you stay here ask to get a room on the other side away from the club, if not stay elsewhere.