Custom trip request
Contact us for a quick quote. You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call worldwide reservations at: +1 949 682 7745
Machu Picchu Tours, Inca Trail Tours, Cuzco Peru Tours, Peru Trekking Tours, and Peru Travel Packages - MachuPicchuTours.travel
Machu Picchu tours . travel
At Voyagers we specialize in personalized excursions to South America, we have created machupicchutours.travel to assist our travellers on planning their trips to Cuzco, the sacred valley, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and nearby attractions. Throughout this website you will find expert advice on Machu Picchu tours, Inca trail tours, and Peru Trekking Tours. We present the most popular travel itineraries and off the beaten path suggestions based on our many years of experience and our knowledge as locals.
Machu Picchu - Cuzco Hotels
Voyagers in Peru works with the finest accommodation suppliers in each price category, we have a close relationship with hotel owners, bed breakfast and hotel chains, because of this we can offer you special discounted rates for Machu Picchu tours and other Cuzco Peru Tours.
We have done our research so your hotel is well located, safe, clean and meets your expectations. By categorizing hotels we allow you to purchase nights within your budget without getting surprises.
As the number one provider of Peru Travel Packages, we offer hotel bookings in the Cuzco and Machu Picchu area as well as in the rest of Peru, Ecuador - Galapagos, Bolivia and other parts of South America.
Machu Picchu Travel Blog
- Breathe Easily By Overcoming Altitude Sickness on a Trip to Peru! - machupicchutours.travel - Peru is famous for the cradle of the ancient civilizations, but the wild topography of the country makes it a wonderland of adventure. Being famous as the lands of one of the Seven Wonders of the World- Machu Picchu, the place is the Holy Grail for any traveler visiting South America. The Machu Picchu is one of the oldest mountain peaks as its name already suggests it as ‘Old Peak’ in the Quechua language.
- Featuring Top Attractions to Experience the Best of Peru!! - machupicchutours.travel - The South American country- Peru is one of the most popular tourist destinations as it is blessed with one of the Seven Wonders of the World- Machu Picchu. Other than Machu Picchu, there are several other attractions that are must visit places. Numerous archeological sites, traditional cultures, historical places, festivals, food, markets as well as varied landscapes including wildlife are the most fascinating attractions in the world, right from the 15th century.
- Mandor Waterfalls: A Must Visit Attraction at Machu Picchu Pueblo - machupicchutours.travel - One of the most popular Inca Trail to the Machu Picchu consist of the most spectacular and ancient road to the Incas towards the citadel of Machu Picchu. It is generally 38-40 kilometers long and during its journey, various sites of archeological interest are being visited. These archeological sites may include Runkuraqay, Phuyupatamarca, Patallacta, Winay Huayna, Sayaqmarca, Intipata, Chaskapata and Killapata including the Machu Picchu itself.
- Ollantaytambo: The Beginning of Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - machupicchutours.travel - Ollantaytambo, known as Ollanta by the locals is a town in the Sacred Valley of the Incas located near Cuzco in the Southern Sierra region of Peru. At Ollantaytambo, the Incas were retreated after the Spanish took over Cuzco. This archeological and historical place has some of the oldest continuously-occupied buildings and Inca ruins in South America.
- A Visit to Pisac and Chinchero â Famous for Indigenous Markets - machupicchutours.travel - While on a trip to Peru, exploring the well-known Andean markets of Pisac and Chinchero will add much more meaning to your trip.
Machu Picchu ruins
Altitude: 2,400 mts. / 7,872 ft. Above sea level
Climate: Dry. Sunny days and cool nights.
Temperature: 50-78 degrees F - 10-26 degrees C approx.
Rainy Season: December to March
Due to the large quantity of women's skeletons found here, it is thought that it might have been a place where the Inca's wives lived or a refuge for women during the time of the Conquest. There is no doubt, however, that Machu Picchu represents an extraordinary example of architecture and engineering.
Generally the tour of Machu Picchu takes a full day. Starting early you take a three hour train trip from Cuzco, to Aguas Calientes. The citadel of Machu Picchu is on a mountaintop reached by small vans from the riverside station down below. The guided tour begins at the ruins, ending in lunch. After lunch there is time to take photographs and take a brief stroll by yourself.
Time permitting, we recommend spending the night, thus having Machu Picchu practically to yourself most of the time, so that you can climb the neighboring mountains by Inca trails, take photographs and appreciate the beauty of the sunset - and sunrise next day. If you decide on this option please let us know immediately since the hotels have limited availability.
Machu Picchu Travel and hotel reviewsView the latest Machu Picchu reviews
- Very good classic hotel - We stayed in this hotel in Sep 2009 The
- Perfect stay in Arequipa - I did a 2 weeks tour of Peru and the only place where I decided to
- Stated hotel - My wife and I were in peru last month we enjoyed so much the beautifull places. Machupicchu was the best place we have been seen, we recommended visit Peru. Regards,
- Casa Andina classic Arequipa - The rooms at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa are not sound proof and have poor ventilation. It is not what we expected from a hotel in this category. After 7h00 am you cannot sleep or stay in the room, the heat is unbearable and there are not black out curtains so the sun shines in your face. There was no closet and the furniture is quite tired. The breakfast buffet was poor, I evn got charged for scrambled eggs!!! The price you pay for this hotel is not worth it. I do not recommend it, you are better off selecting something diferent for your Peru tour.
- Posada Monasterio Arequipa - The Posada del Monasterio Arequipa hotel has a good and a bad location at the same time, it is on a very nice street and just in front of the monastery. The hotel has descent infrastructure and I booked as an add on trip to Arequipa after my Machu Picchu tour. The donwside is, there is a noisy dance club on the other side, and it is impossible to sleep if you get a room close to the club area, even tried with earphones. On weekdays it was ok, but weekends were impossible. If you stay here ask to get a room on the other side away from the club, if not stay elsewhere.